Cleveland- Last night Cleveland Cavaliers forward Sam Dekker had to be carried off the floor against the Orlando Magic, after suffering a left ankle sprain. Earlier this afternoon Dekker underwent an MRI, the results confirmed the left ankle sprain. Dekker is now expected to be out 2-4 weeks, as he will undergo treatment, and reevaluation. His status will be updated as he progresses.
This is yet another setback for a team that is already missing Kevin Love and has started the season (1-10.) Dekker had been staring in place of Love the past few weeks, now the Cavs are down two forwards. New Cavaliers head coach Larry Drew will have decisions to make with the starting line-up going forward, it will be interesting to see what he decides.The Cavaliers host the Oklahoma City Thunder Wednesday night, who will be without their superstar point guard Russell Westbrook who is out with an ankle injury as well.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on