As everyone continues to wait for what will happen with the Kyrie Irving trade between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics, more reports continue to surface.
Per ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Cavs are no longer searching for another player or top draft pick to complete the deal that would send Irving off to Boston and bring Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and the Brooklyn Nets 2018 first-round pick to Cleveland. Instead, a late first-round pick or second-round selection could be enough to finish the deal that shook the NBA world one week ago today.
With Boston owning the Los Angeles Clippers’ first-round selection in 2019 as well as their own first-rounder in 2018, the Cavs could set themselves up nicely for both the present and future.
The teams have until early Thursday morning to complete all of the player physicals successfully.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on