CLEVELAND – The present and future generations of the NBA are set to square off on Thursday evening at Quicken Loans Arena.
Cleveland (20-8) looks to win its 15th game over the last 33 days, as LeBron James gets his first taste of Lonzo Ball and the 2017-18 Lakers (10-16).
Despite rumblings of James potentially departing for Los Angeles at the culmination of the campaign – where he recently purchased a new mansion – both teams currently have their sights on gaining ground at the top and bottom of their respective conferences.
When: 8:00 p.m.
Online: FOX Sports Go
Radio: WTAM 1100 AM, WMMS 100.7 FM, La Mega 87.7 FM
Cavs probable starters: PG Jose Calderson, SG J.R. Smith, SF LeBron James, PF Jae Crowder, C Kevin Love.
Lakers probable starters: PG Lonzo Ball, SG Josh Hart, SF Brandon Ingram, PF Larry Nance Jr., C Brook Lopez.
Cavs injuries: PF/C Tristan Thompson (calf – OUT), SG Iman Shumpert (knee – OUT), PG Isaiah Thomas (hip – OUT), PG Derrick Rose (ankle – OUT).
Lakers injuries: SG Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (personal – OUT).
John Alfes has covered Cleveland sports since August of 2016. Follow him on Twitter @JohnAlfes for breaking news and in-depth coverage all season long.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on