The Lake Erie Monsters drew 12,791 fans on Friday night, and delighted the opening-night crowd to a 4-1 victory over the Iowa Wild at Quicken Loans Arena.
After a scoreless first period, Michael Kereanen made it 1-0 Wild at the 3:28 mark of the middle frame before Kerby Rychel score his first goal of the season, assisted by T.J. Tynan. In the third period, the Monsters added three more goals, with the first one coming off the stick of Andrew Bodnarchuk (assist by Rychel and Markus Hannikainen), then two empty-net goals by Justin Falk, and Rychel (assisted by Oliver Bjorkstrand and Michael Chaput.
The Monsters face the Wild again today at the Q, with the puck dropping at 5 p.m.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on