By Michael Rogers
RAVENNA, OHIO – The undefeated Barberton Magic (11-0) took on the Bedford Bearcats (10-1) at Ravenna Stadium in the second round of the 2017 high school football playoffs, and the magic continued for another week as they moved on in Division II, Region 5 play with a 35-0 win.
Bedford hung around in the first half, mainly because Barberton kept getting penalized. The Magic had 221 total yards on offense in the first half compared to 65 total yards by Bedford.
Barberton went into half with a 7-0 lead thanks to a nine-yard touchdown run by Jeff Parker, who would use that run to spark a second half explosion.
In the second half, Barberton came out a team possessed. Parker, Keye Thompson and Garrett Turnbaugh lead Barberton to 28 unanswered second half points.
Parker had 25 attempts and 225 rushing yards. Thompson ran for a touchdown with 104 yards rushing and threw one to Turnbaugh. Barberton went on to win 35-0 and will play Hoban next week at a site to be announced on Sunday in the third round of the high school playoffs.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on