The Ohio State Buckeyes ladies hoops team scored a solid upset on Saturday, as the 9th ranked ladies won on the road, topping number six Maryland 80-71.
Kelsey Mitchell scored 28 points and Alexa Hart added in the win for Ohio State, who handed Maryland their first loss in Big Ten play since joining the conference just a season ago.
Mitchell, the second-leading scorer in the country, shot 9 for 16 for the Buckeyes in the win.
The Buckeyes improve to 10-3 overall, 2-0 in Big Ben play. It was their sixth straight win, and it avenges their loss to Maryland in last year’s Big Ten title game.
Maryland is now 12-1, 1-1 in Big Ten play. They got 20 from Brene Moseley and 16 from Shatori Walker-Kimbrough in the loss. Ohio State forced 20 turnovers in the win, and outscored the Terps 15-7 at the free throw line.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on