The Ohio State Buckeyes ladies hoops team scored a solid upset on Saturday, as the 9th ranked ladies won on the road, topping number six Maryland 80-71.
Kelsey Mitchell scored 28 points and Alexa Hart added in the win for Ohio State, who handed Maryland their first loss in Big Ten play since joining the conference just a season ago.
Mitchell, the second-leading scorer in the country, shot 9 for 16 for the Buckeyes in the win.
The Buckeyes improve to 10-3 overall, 2-0 in Big Ben play. It was their sixth straight win, and it avenges their loss to Maryland in last year’s Big Ten title game.
Maryland is now 12-1, 1-1 in Big Ten play. They got 20 from Brene Moseley and 16 from Shatori Walker-Kimbrough in the loss. Ohio State forced 20 turnovers in the win, and outscored the Terps 15-7 at the free throw line.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on