As the Ohio State Basketball Head Coach job is still open, we continue to hear names of potential suitors. Today, there are two main names being talked about.
The first name is Butler Head Coach Chris Holtmann.
Butler's Chris Holtmann to Ohio State is heating up. Numerous "insiders" claiming it's near a done deal. Time will tell if this has legs.
— PrepScouting (NCAA) (@highmajorscoop) June 8, 2017
Butler’s Chris Holtmann has emerged as the frontrunner for the Ohio State job, sources told ESPN.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) June 9, 2017
Holtmann has had success with the Bulldogs, going 70-31 in his three seasons there. He has won at least 20 wins in each season, recording 25 last season. Holtmann also helped Butler reach the Sweet Sixteen this past season, as he made the tournament every season at Butler.
Another name not gaining as much steam as Holtmann but definitely in the discussion is former Cleveland Cavaliers Head Coach and current Golden State Warriors Assistant Coach Mike Brown.
Another NBA coach on Ohio State's radar, sources tell @TheVertical: Golden State assistant Mike Brown. So far, no contact has been made.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 8, 2017
Brown had success in Cleveland, earning 305 of his 347 wins as the Head Coach of the Cavaliers.
For more information on the Buckeyes coaching search, stay locked into NEOSI.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on