The Indians and their fans were riding high after an impressive three-game sweep over the Texas Rangers in Arlington to kickoff the 2017 season.
How things have changed in just three days.
A tripe further west to Arizona to play a team they rarely see was resulted in disaster for the Indians, Sunday their third straight loss to the Diamondbacks puts the team right back to square one at 3-3, but on the bright side they will get to come home for their first home games of 2017 on Tuesday starting with the AL Central Chicago White Sox.
Sunday was better than Saturday, when the team was beat up and down by the surprising 6-1 Diamondbacks 11-2, but in the end the result was the same, as the bats were basically quiet against Arizona with the latest loss coming 3-2.
Here’s three things from Sunday’s loss, as the team will jump on a charter back home and get set for hopefully sunny skies as they ready for Tuesday’s sold out home opener at 4:10pm.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on