The Lake Erie Monsters kicked off a ten-game road trip in Toronto on Thursday afternoon, and fell to the Marlies 3-2.
Toronto avenged their loss from Tuesday night, as they still hold the best record in the AHL (25-7-2-0).
Both sides were hot offensively in the first period, as each team notched two goals to enter the second period tied at two.
It was Matt Fratin’s goal 13:19 into the second period that would be the difference maker, putting Toronto up 3-2, as neither team could score the rest of the way.
Michael Paliotta and Trent Vogelhuber netted the two goals for Lake Erie, as each of them scored their fifth goal of the season.
The Monsters’ road trip continues, as today was the first of a 21 day-stretch that they will be away from Quicken Loans Arena. Their next stop is Milwaukee on Saturday, when they take on the Admirals, who hold the first place position in the Central Division.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on