Provided by the Cleveland Monsters
The Cleveland Monsters were defeated by the Manitoba Moose on Saturday at Bell MTS Place in Winnipeg, MB by a final score of 4-0.
With the loss, the Monsters fell to 7-8-2-2 overall this season and with a .474 points percentage, remain alone in fifth place in the AHL’s Central Division standings.
Manitoba grabbed a 2-0 lead in the opening frame when Julian Melchiori rifled home an even-strength goal at 6:52 before Jack Roslovic redirected a power-play score past Cleveland goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks shortly thereafter at 7:57 of the first.
In the middle stanza, Michael Spacek’s extra-man marker at 8:19 made it 3-0 Moose and in the third, a Nic Petan power-play offering capped the scoring in a 4-0 Moose win at 8:11 of the period.
Kivlenieks fell to 2-5-1 between the pipes for Cleveland despite stopping 26 of the 30 shots he faced on Saturday, while Manitoba’s Michael Hutchinson posted his first shutout of the season and improved to 9-1-1 in net this year by virtue of a 27-save performance.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on