Provided by The Monsters
The Monsters were defeated on Sunday at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse by the Toronto Marlies in Game 3 of the team’s best-of-seven North Division Final series by a final score of 2-0.
Following the loss, the Monsters now trail the Marlies three games to none with Game 4 of the series on Tuesday in Cleveland at 7:00 p.m.
The Marlies posted the only goal in the first two periods of play at 13:24 of the opening period when Adam Brooks made it 1-0 for Toronto. Despite numerous Monsters scoring chances in the third, Toronto’s Dmytro Timashov sealed a 2-0 Marlies victory with an empty-net goal at 19:30 of the final stanza.
Cleveland goaltender Brad Thiessen fell to 3-4 in the postseason despite a 24-save performance while Marlies backstop Kasimir Kaskisuo posted a 35-save shutout to improve to 6-0 in the postseason.
Next up for the Monsters, it’s Game 4 of the team’s North Division Final series vs. the Marlies on Tuesday with full coverage, live from Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, underway at 7:00 p.m. EST.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on