UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS – Ever since Kresimir “Crash” Ivkovic departed, the John Carroll University football program has pursued a high-caliber kicker.
The three-year search may have ended through two weeks of the 2017 campaign.
Matt Danko earned the OAC Special Teams Player of the Week on Monday afternoon, one season after landing the same honor on September 19, 2016. He nailed three extra-point attempts and the go-ahead field goal from 21 yards in a 24-21 victory over Baldwin Wallace on Saturday.
The junior out of Boca Raton, Florida is 2-for-2 on field goals, 5-for-5 on PATs and has nine kickoffs for 530 yards (58.89-yard average) this season.
Danko intends to major in sports studies with a minor in business.
Photo Credit: John Carroll University Sports Information Department
John Alfes has covered John Carroll University athletics since September of 2014. Follow him on Twitter @JohnAlfes for breaking news and in-depth coverage all season long.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on