The Indians are already getting ready for game one of the World Series against either the Cubs or the Dodgers on Tuesday night at Progressive Field, and there’s one celebrity that fans are clamoring to have come to Cleveland and throw out the first pitch.
That celeb – Charlie Sheen – aka closer Rick Vaughn from ‘Major League.’
Playing the role of Vaughn was one of Sheen’s most famous roles, and came at a more ‘normal’ time in the controversial celebs life. Indians fans still love the song ‘Wild Thing’ which was the intro song for Vaughn in the movie.
So now that fans are pushing hard on Twitter for Sheen to come to Cleveland to throw out the first pitch – what does the Hollywood star say about it?
continues to be the gift
that keeps on giving!
if called upon,
I'd be honored. pic.twitter.com/ijjAU0Qvbw
— Charlie Sheen (@charliesheen) October 20, 2016
Wow, crazy to think a better way to kickoff the World Series than with Vaughn, wearing his famous glasses, tossing out a fastball to get the Fall Classic out of the way.
In case you haven’t seen it in awhile, here’s the video that still fires up Indians fans from the famous 80’s movie.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on