Indians catcher Roberto Pérez was named the overall Wilson Defensive Player of the Year as well as the top Wilson Defensive Catcher of the Year tonight on a special telecast on MLB Network.
Pérez was among one of five first-time Wilson Defensive award winners and adds another defensive achievement to his 2019 season in which he did not allow a passed ball in 118 games and led MLB with 29 Defensive Runs Saved.
The Tribe catcher was also named the American League Gold Glove catcher and is currently in the running for the 2019 Rawlings Platinum Glove Award.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on