While the Browns are still in prep mode for the Washington Redskins Sunday in D.C., the team was hit with another off the field distraction Thursday with the announcement of wide out Josh Gordon going into rehab.
Gordon announced on Thursday he was entering an inpatient rehabilitation facility, and there’s no timetable for his return to the team.
Today, as expected, the media asked about the situation with Gordon, and from the tone of the comment from coach Hue Jackson, it doesn’t sound like the team will be seeing the receiver anytime soon.
#Browns Hue Jackson says about Josh Gordon: "we're moving on. We need to close that chapter right now.''
— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) September 30, 2016
“Need to close that chapter,” is not a comment you want to hear if you are a player looking to make a return to the team. Jackson also didn’t feel like going on and on with questions about Gordon in his Friday presser.
“I’m not going to answer any more questions about Josh Gordon. I’m done with it.”
Again, not exactly the type of positive comments if the Browns have any intentions about bringing Gordon back after this stint in rehab.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on