The Vermilion Sailors girls basketball team celebrated Alumni night on Friday night in style, as the ladies brought home a solid 53-38 win over the Huron Lady Tigers in SBC Bay Division play.
With the win the lady Sailors move to 3-8 on the season, their first win since a victory over Brookside back on December 17th.
The evening was highlighted by the current lady Sailors paying their respects to the former Lady Sailor players attending the game and the former players shared their favorite memory from their playing days.
Back on the court the Lady Sailors were led by Maddie Colahan with a career high 23 points.
Clara Smith had 20 points for the Lady Sailors followed by Marianna Plas with 4 points, Claudia Wilson with 3 points and Corah Peterson with one point.
Senior forward/center Olivia Lagando led the Lady Tigers with 15 points in the setback, the Tigers with the loss drop to 1-9 on the season.
Vermilion will be back on the court Monday as they will take on Clearview with a tip at 7pm.
Huron will host Oak Harbor on Saturday, January 12th at 6pm.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on