On Monday it was announced that Cleveland Indians ace Corey Kluber added a second award within this past week.
Kluber is the reigning American League Player of the Week and has just added American League Pitcher of the Month for the month of June. This is the third time in Kluber’s career he’s been Pitcher of the Month.
Kluber was 4-0 in six starts in June with a 1.26 ERA and struck out 64 batters in 43 innings of work.
He has struck out 10 or more in four consecutive starts and tied the club mark set by Bob Feller. Kluber is the only Indians pitcher to accomplish this in a single season (Feller’s ran in a span of two seasons).
Kluber joins Chris Sale and Max Scherzer as one of three pitchers with a streak of four or more starts with 10 strikeouts or more.
He has also struck out seven or more batters in 13 straight home starts which is now a club record.
Lastly, with Kluber’s 12 strikeouts against the Texas Rangers on Thursday, Kluber tied Luis Tiant for 10th all-time in Indians history with 1,041 strikeouts.
After Kluber surpasses Tiant, Mike Garcia will be next with 1,095 for 9th all-time.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on