The wait is over Cleveland Browns fans. We now have our answer as to who the first pick is and it couldn’t have come any sooner.
With the first pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Browns selected Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield.
Mayfield played three seasons for the Sooners after transferring from Texas Tech University following his freshman year. In that span, Mayfield amassed 14,607 passing yards and 131 touchdowns, only throwing 30 interceptions. Mayfield was also very accurate with the football, completing 68.5 percent of his passes overall.
The Browns had been very smart with the way they handled the top pick, having a plethora of reports hit the public on who they would take. Mayfield’s name picked up steam within the last 48 hours before the 2018 NFL Draft. Now, he’s primed to be the future of the franchise.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on