On Friday, NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported a list of teams that were awarded extra picks from the NFL for the upcoming NFL Draft in April.
NFL awarded compensatory draft picks early this year. Here's the full list of extra picks for teams: pic.twitter.com/0SAAd7qet2
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 24, 2017
The Cleveland Browns will only have 3 out of the 4 compensatory picks because of the mid-season trade they made with the New England Patriots for Jamie Collins.
#Browns 3rd round compensatory pick – No. 103 overall – goes to New England for Jamie Collins.
— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) February 24, 2017
The Browns will have two compensatory picks in the 4th round – 139 overall and 142 overall. The Browns will only have one compensatory pick in the 5th round – 183 overall.
After a 2016 season that saw the Browns go 1-15, the more draft picks the team has the better as the team builds towards the future.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on