The Browns defense stepped up and did an excellent job yesterday against Carson Wentz and the Eagles in a 22-17 win, and did it without arguably their best defensive player in defensive end Myles Garrett.
Garrett was placed on the covid/reserve list Friday, and even without him the defense came up with four sacks and two interceptions with a key early fumble by Eagles running back Miles Sanders.
Browns coach Kevin Stefanski Monday announced that Garrett is out again this week as the team gets ready for a trip to Florida to play the 1-9 Jacksonville Jaguars.
#Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski says DE Myles Garrett out this week, will remain on reserve/COVID-19.
FB Andy Janovich & OL Chris Hubbard TBD.
— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) November 23, 2020
The Browns are an early 6.5 point favorite to beat the Jaguars, who fell to the Steelers Sunday afternoon at home 27-3.
With a loss by the Ravens in overtime to the Titans on Sunday, the Browns now sit in second place in the AFC North, a game up on Baltimore, but still 3 back of the undefeated Steelers, who at 10-0 play the Ravens on Thanksgiving night at Heinz Field.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on