· Rookie RB Duke Johnson Jr. recorded nine receptions for 85 yards, including a 34-yard touchdown. The touchdown was the first of his career. His nine receptions tied for the fifth-most by a Browns running back in a game and were the most since 2002. Johnson also added 31 rushing yards.
MOST RECEPTIONS BY A BROWNS RUNNING BACK IN A SINGLE GAME
Player Opp. Date Total
1. Earnest Byner Cin. 9/18/86 10
Leroy Hoard Hou. 12/15/91 10
Leroy Hoard at Hou. 11/17/91 10
Greg Pruitt NYJ 12/7/80 10
Jamel White at T.B. 10/13/02 10
5. Duke Johnson Jr. at S.D. 10/4/15 9
Seven other players tied with nine
· RB Isaiah Crowell led the team with 63 rushing yards. He added a career-high 62 receiving yards, including a career-long 53-yard catch. His 125 total yards marked a career high.
· With Crowell (125) and Johnson (116), this marked the first time the Browns had two running backs each record more than 100 scrimmage yards in the same game since Nov. 17, 2004, when Lee Suggs (119) and William Green (115) accomplished the feat against Cincinnati.
· WR Travis Benjamin recorded a career-high six receptions for 79 yards. His 328 yards on the season are a career-high, surpassing his previous best of 314 set in 2014.
· QB Josh McCown completed 32 of 41 passes for 356 yards with two touchdowns, zero interceptions and a 119.1 rating. McCown joins Otto Graham (1953), Brian Sipe (1980) and Brian Hoyer (2014) as the only Browns quarterbacks to throw for 300 yards in consecutive games.
· TE Gary Barnidge tied a career-high with six receptions for 75 yards with a touchdown. On the season, he is tied for the team lead with 16 receptions and second with 235 receiving yards with two touchdowns.
· McCown connected with WR Taylor Gabriel for a two-point conversion to tie the game with 2:09 remaining. It was the Browns’ first successful two-point conversion since QB Brandon Weeden connected with WR Davone Bess against Pittsburgh on Nov. 24, 2013.
· LB Christian Kirksey recorded his first sack of the season and third of his career.
· Rookie DL Xavier Cooper recorded his first career sack.
· DB Pierre Desir set a career-high with three passes defensed. He entered the game with three career passes defensed.
· LT Joe Thomas extended his consecutive-snaps streak to 8,161, the longest active stretch in the league. Thomas has started all 132 games and hasn’t missed an offensive play since being selected by the Browns with the third overall pick in the 2007 draft.
· K Travis Coons converted field goals from 28, 33, 36 and 40 yards, while adding one extra point. He is 7 for 7 on field goal attempts this season and 8 of 8 on PATs.
· The following injuries occurred during today’s game:
o WR Brian Hartline left the game in the first quarter with an injury to his ribs and thigh and did not return.
o DB Tashaun Gipson left the game in the third quarter with an ankle injury and did not return.
o RB Shaun Draughn left the game in the third quarter with a back injury and did not return.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.