Via his Twitter account, ESPN Insider Adam Schefter says that the Cleveland Browns former first rounder CB Justin Gilbert has been traded to the Pittsburg Steelers in a very rare divisional trade.
Gilbert hasn’t proven since he’s been drafted that he’s a number one corner. Hue Jackson put him to work this offseason to see if he could help this team or not. This trade says that the faith just wasn’t there.
The Steelers gave up a 2018 6th round pick. They knew they didn’t have to give up much for the troubles corner. Hue is looking to use his own guys on the defense and isn’t wasting any time getting rid of players with question marks.
This also means that none of the Browns first round draft picks between 2011 and 2014 are not on the team anymore.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: St. Edward Takes Advantage Of Fumbled Opportunities In 17-0 Win Over St. Ignatius on
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on