CLEVELAND – In the wake of a 4-2 home win over the Manitoba Moose on Wednesday, Cleveland’s Lake Erie Monsters announced Friday that rookie left wing Markus Hannikainen was recalled by the Columbus Blue Jackets for the first time this season. An undrafted, left-handed forward, signed by Columbus as a free agent on April 20, 2015, Hannikainen supplied five goals, 11 points, six penalty minutes and a +2 rating in 17 appearances for the Monsters this season.
A 22 year-old native of Helsinki, Finland, Hannikainen netted 19 goals, 46 points, 51 penalty minutes and a +22 rating in 60 Liiga appearances last season for JYP in his first full campaign in Finland’s top professional league. In 117 career Liiga appearances for Jokerit, HPK and JYP, Hannikainen has 22 goals, 53 points, 67 penalty minutes and a +26 rating to his credit.
Next up for the Monsters, it’s a Friday rematch vs. the Moose with full coverage underway from The Q at 7:00 pm on AM 1420 The Answer and the Monsters Hockey Network.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on