DETROIT– The Cleveland Cavaliers and Detroit Pistons are set to conclude their home-and-home series with the Detroit Pistons on Tuesday night.
On Monday evening, however, the Pistons acquired superstar Blake Griffin from the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Boban Marjanovic, a protected first-round pick and a 2019 second-round pick. The news was first reported by ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
The Clippers and Pistons have agreed on a deal to trade Blake Griffin for Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Boban Marjanovic, a first-round and a second-round draft pick, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) January 29, 2018
Griffin is averaging 22.6 points, 7.9 rebounds and 5.4 assists through 33 games this season. Along with Andre Drummond, the move will give the Pistons one of the most formidable frontcourts in the East.
The Cavs have found themselves in various trade rumors involving the Clippers’ DeAndre Jordan and Lou Williams in recent weeks. According to Wojnarowski, L.A. is still entertaining offers for those two players.
Griffin will need to undergo a physical, so he likely won’t play tomorrow against the Cavs. But stranger things have happened.
— Blake Griffin (@blakegriffin23) January 30, 2018
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on