CLEVELAND – With the status of Browns QB Josh McCown very much in doubt for Sunday, the team has moved quickly to pickup a quarterback.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the team has signed QB Matt Blanchard to the club’s practice squad.
Blanchard played his college ball at Wisconsin-Whitewater, and had been a part of a couple of preseasons with the Packers, Bears and Panthers.
If McCown is unavailable, Johnny Manziel would start and Austin Davis, who was inactive last week, would be the backup.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on