Former Browns Safety Tashaun Gipson becomes the fourth unrestricted free-agent to leave Cleveland on the first day of the NFL New Year.
Gipson has agreed to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
#Jaguars and S Tashaun Gipson agreed to terms on contract, per source.
— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 9, 2016
Gipson was a Pro-Bowler in 2014 and spent much of 2015 sidelined due to injury.
His departure makes it a clean sweep, as Travis Benjamin, Alex Mack, and Mitchell Schwartz reportedly agreed to deals with new teams earlier on Wednesday.
It is not entirely a surprise that Cleveland is choosing to rebuild through a less expensive route and find players in the draft, but four of their most talented players are now gone.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns Coach Kevin Stefanski Set to Return for Divisional Game in Kansas City on
- Cavs trade Thomas, Frye and first-round pick to Lakers on
- Indians Decline 2018 Team Option on Relief Pitcher Boone Logan on
- Cavaliers Make Signing of Guard Deron Williams Official on
- Indians Reported to be in Talks for Milwaukee C Jonathan Lucroy on