Rumors came out on Wednesday night that can JR Smith and the Cavs were likely to part ways during or before the NBA Draft tonight.
Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders tweeted out that the Cavs could swap first round draft picks with the Hawks and have a deal that moves Smith to Atlanta and Kent Bazemore to Cleveland.
My understanding is it is based on who is there at 5 drives what happens next, but Hawks Cavs have looked at the 5 and JR for Baze and the 8 and 17th. https://t.co/OQLUsJ4fLF
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) June 20, 2019
The Cavaliers might roll with the idea due to the fact that Kent Bazemore averaged 11.6 PPG, 3.9 rebounds, and 2.3 assists once 2018-19. Bazemore also has a career average of 8.7 PPG, 3.1 rebounds, and 1.9 assists throughout 483 games.
JR Smith only played in 11 games with the Cavs this past season but in his career has played in 971 games and averaged 12.5 PPG, 3.2 rebounds, and 2.1 assists.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on