Rumors came out on Wednesday night that can JR Smith and the Cavs were likely to part ways during or before the NBA Draft tonight.
Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders tweeted out that the Cavs could swap first round draft picks with the Hawks and have a deal that moves Smith to Atlanta and Kent Bazemore to Cleveland.
My understanding is it is based on who is there at 5 drives what happens next, but Hawks Cavs have looked at the 5 and JR for Baze and the 8 and 17th. https://t.co/OQLUsJ4fLF
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) June 20, 2019
The Cavaliers might roll with the idea due to the fact that Kent Bazemore averaged 11.6 PPG, 3.9 rebounds, and 2.3 assists once 2018-19. Bazemore also has a career average of 8.7 PPG, 3.1 rebounds, and 1.9 assists throughout 483 games.
JR Smith only played in 11 games with the Cavs this past season but in his career has played in 971 games and averaged 12.5 PPG, 3.2 rebounds, and 2.1 assists.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on