Browns Wide Receiver Travis Benjamin is reportedly going to become a free-agent after talks between Benjamin and the Browns have broken down.
— Rand Getlin (@Rand_Getlin) February 23, 2016
Benjamin was one of the few bright spots on a poor wide receiver corps in Cleveland and managed to make it through a full season healthy in 2015, something he had not been able to accomplish early in his career.
Benjamin caught five touchdown passes with 966 receiving yards in the 2015 season.
The best wide receiver left on the Browns is Josh Gordon, and he hasn’t even been reinstated by the league yet. Former General Manager Ray Farmer did not value receivers highly, but maybe the new front office will use one of their early round draft picks or go after a coveted free-agent receiver.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on