If you check out most mock drafts, the Browns with their first two picks are taking a quarterback, with most having them taking either local wonderkid Mitch Trubisky or possibly Clemson quarterback DeShaun Watson.
Today on the Dan Patrick Show, the thought was thrown out by Patrick that the Browns are very much in the corner of taking Watson, but there could be a team in the way of Cleveland landing the quarterback – the New York Jets.
— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) April 7, 2017
With the Jets having the pick six ahead of the Browns, and needing a quarterback as well, it looks like they might have the pick of the litter of whoever they want, leaving the Browns with the QB left at 12 should they go that route.
New York has tried, like the Browns, to land a quarterback the last few seasons, taking Geno Smith in the 2nd round of the 2013 Draft, and the last two seasons resorting to veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick.
It wasn’t that long ago the Jets went hard after and landed Mark Sanchez with the 5th overall pick of the 2009 NFL Draft. Sanchez, who just inked with the Bears not that long ago, led New York to two AFC Title games in the 2009 and 2010 season.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on
- Cleveland Cavaliers Still Rebuilding The Team on
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on