3. Honoring Paul Pierce
The Celtics will retire the No. 34 in honor of Paul Pierce prior to tip-off after he spent 15 years in Boston. Pierce ranks second in franchise history in points (24,021), and is arguably the greatest player to wear the green and white uniform.
Pierce won the NBA Finals and NBA Finals MVP in 2008 before falling to the Lakers in the title game in 2010. He is a 10-time All-Star, and won the three-point shootout in 2010.
The 40-year-old from Oakland, Calif. averaged 19.7 points, 5.6 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1.3 steals and 0.6 blocks in 19 campaigns with the Celtics, Nets, Wizards and Clippers.
John Alfes has covered Cleveland sports since August of 2016. Follow him on Twitter @JohnAlfes for breaking news and in-depth coverage all season long.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on