By Ryan Kaczmarski
It took all of 13 seconds to let the home crowd at Bay Memorial Stadium know that the Rocky River Pirates were here to play, and play hard. After returning the opening kickoff for a touchdown, Rocky River jumped out to a big lead, and rolled away with a victory over the previously unbeaten Rockets, 24-21, Friday night.
Rocky River (4-1, 1-0) will host Valley Forge, while Bay (4-1, 1-1) hosts Normandy in Great Lakes Conference battles on Friday. Both games are slated for 7 p.m. kickoffs.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on