Ohio State will take on the Washington Huskies at the granddaddy of them all this afternoon, the Rose Bowl, and checking online sports books with a pinnacle vip code you will see the Buckeyes are favorites to win the game.
The Buckeyes finished the 2018-2019 season with a record of 12-1 and ranked sixth in the country. Washington finished the season with a record of 10-3 and ranked ninth in the country.
Here are three keys to a Buckeyes victory:
1. Urban Meyer: This will be Urban Meyer’s last game as head coach of the Buckeyes. Meyer has been the head coach at Ohio State since 2012. His overall record is 82-9, and emotions are expected to be high for the final game with him patrolling the sidelines.
2. Dwayne Haskins: Haskins has yet to declare for the NFL Draft. Many NFL experts are projecting Haskins to be a first round quarterback, should he decide to come out and become a Sunday player as opposed to a Saturday player. For Haskins, this could be the last game he plays at Ohio State. A game that could dictate his decision.
3. Defense: In recent years, Ohio State has pride themselves on defense. This year the defense has had their moments of struggle. The inconsistency and a terrible showing at Purdue cost the Buckeyes a magical season. Defensive coordinator Greg Schiano could audition for another coaching job, and his future at Ohio State seems unclear at the moment. Though he hasn’t been linked to the job yet. Schiano could be potential candidate to be the next head coach at West Virginia.
Kickoff is at 5:00 p.m. on ESPN. The Buckeyes are -6.5 point favorite over Washington.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on