Chris Holtmann is bringing one of his prize recruits with him, as Massillon Jackson’s star player, Kyle Young announced he flipped his commitment from Butler to Ohio State.
— Kyle Young (@kyle_young25) June 19, 2017
Holtmann recruited Young when he was head coach at Butler and the move was expected when he took the OSU job.
Young was the No. 2 ranked Ohio prospect in the class of 2017 and with him and Kaleb Wesson, the Buckeyes now have the two top freshman prospects from their home state.
The 6-foot-7 forward led Jackson to a state title in 2017 and Buckeyes fans should expect big things in 2017-18 from the versatile scorer.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on