Not only was March 26th expected to be the home opener for the Indians, but it was also supposed to be the big game of the season for the young Cavs, as they had a home game scheduled against the Los Angeles Lakers.
Of course the Lakers are not only one of, if not the best teams in the NBA this season, but they also boast one of the most popular athletes in Cleveland history in LeBron James.
With tonight being the only time Cavs fans were expected to see James at the Q, there’s no doubt that there is a sense of disappointment that James won’t be in town.
James himself said that he is upset that he’s not able to play in front of his family and friends, and he’s hoping to be back in the 216 playing at the Q a year from now.
Was so looking forward to being back in Cleveland tonight playing in front of my family, friends and fans I spent 11 years of my career with. Always a special place in my heart! Until next time! #ThekidfromAKRON🤴🏾 #StaySafe🙏🏾
— LeBron James (@KingJames) March 26, 2020
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on