Cavaliers Guard J.R. Smith is currently being sued for $2.5 million for an incident that occurred near a night club in New York City back in November.
New Yorker, Justin Brown, who was 19 years old at the time, asked Smith to pose for a picture after Smith had been partying at 1Oak until about 4 AM.
Brown claims that Smith refused to take a picture and choked him and punched him in the neck and face.
Smith was not arrested, and the Manhattan District Attorney declined to file charges in January after a two-month investigation.
Smith’s lawyer, Alex Spiro said, “If they have the audacity to file a frivolous claim against J.R., we will counterclaim for defamation and defend the suit aggressively. This was a cash grab from the start.”
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on