Count ESPN reporter Rachel Nichols as the latest to gives some love to the Cavaliers and the City of Cleveland.
In a TwitLong sent out earlier today, Nichols said for those that are calling the Cavs ‘lucky,’ it couldn’t be further than the truth.
To all the people in my mentions saying the Cavaliers are “getting so lucky”…this is a city that has not seen any of its three pro sports teams win a championship in 50+ years.
This is a franchise that last postseason lost two of its three best players. This is an area of the country that is sometimes so thoroughly swarmed with tiny flying bugs that visitors wonder if the Ten Plagues have started.
Hard to say that just because both the Cavaliers’ potential Eastern Conference Finals opponents are being hit with injuries, the team and its fans are now in the ‘plus-column’ in the luck department.
Nichols has been to many Cavaliers big regular season as well as playoff games in the past, and there’s no doubt a comment like that above will endure her to the city for being on their side.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on