The Shoremen took on GCHSHL Red Division and SWC rival, North Olmsted in a non-league contest Tuesday night. The teams were tied after two periods, but North Olmsted broke the game open with three third period goals, including an empty-net goal, to prevail 7-4 over Avon Lake.
The Shoremen got goals from Luke Farthing, Nick Ospelt, Patrick Graney and Tommy Kacmarcik. Assists on the evening were credited to Connor Koncelik, and Kacmarcik. Dillon Aslaksen took the loss in goal, despite registering 34 saves in the game.
Avon Lake lost their second game in a row and fell to 14-5 on the season. The Shoremen have two GCHSHL Blue North Division games this weekend (January 6 & 7); including Saturday afternoon at Kent State University vs CVCA, and Sunday night at home when they take on Twinsburg High School at Rocky River Rink.
North Olmsted had goals by Vitaz, Wandrie,, Vetrosnik (2), Donovan(2), Hirz
Their next game: @ Cleveland Heights 1-5-18 – 8:45 PM
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on