Safety Eric Berry and the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a six-year/$78 Mil. deal, per Adam Schefter.
Chiefs gave S Eric Berry a six-year, $78 million deal that includes $40 million guaranteed and a $20 mil signing bonus, per source.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 28, 2017
Berry was near the top of the free-agent class this off-season and given the Browns’ cap space, writers and analysts speculated if he could end up heading to Cleveland to help bolster the secondary.
Cleveland could look to address its holes in the secondary with some of its 11 draft picks (five of which come in first three rounds).
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on