TNT has never been one to hold back their opinions in their NBA coverage, and with the likes of Charles Barkley and Shaq O’Neal, that’s not hard to believe.
On Sunday night they were not holding back whatsoever after Cavs star LeBron James scored just 11 points and the Cavs were stunned by the Boston Celtics 111-108 in game three of the Eastern Conference Finals at the Q.
While it still might be the only time the crew gets a shot to lay into the Cavs during these conference finals, it didn’t take long for the likes of Barkley and company to lay into the Cavs for their effort in blowing a 21-point second half lead.
“They did not respect the Celtics,” Barkley said. “They were going through the motions and still had a big lead, and then the Celtics just started making shots.
“This to me is a perfect example of ‘we’re gonna win the series, we’re the better team,’ and they just coasted, and it came back to bite them.”
The graphics department at TNT was quick to work out a new graphic as well after the game, much to the delight of Celtics fans and LeBron haters.
— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) May 22, 2017
The Cavs will have a chance to quickly turn the tables in game four on Tuesday and try to get back on track and take a 3-1 series lead.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on