Tuesday, December 20th, 2016
WHEN: 8:00 PM EST
WHERE: @BMOHBC, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
WATCH: @FOXSportsOH, @FSWI
LISTEN: @WMMS 100.7 FM, @wtam1100, La Mega 87.7FM
– Cavaliers (19-6, 1st in Central): Cleveland will be coming into tonight’s match-up as winners in six of their last seven games, including Saturday’s 119-108 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers inside Quicken Loans Arena.
Tonight’s game marks the first night of a back-to-back set for the NBA’s defending champions (vs. Milwaukee tonight, at Milwaukee tomorrow).
On Monday, Cavs Head Coach Tyronn Lue announced that Kevin Love will be held out of tonight’s bout due to a knee contusion he suffered during Saturday’s game. In an article from ESPN, Coach Lue spoke with regards to Love’s knee, saying:
“He took a blow to the knee, knee-to-knee, and it swelled up on him and it’s kind of stiff.”
Per the team’s official website, Cleveland leads the NBA in three-point percentage (.401), while ranking 2nd in threes made per game (13.4), 3rd in total three-pointers made (334), 4th in points per game (110.4) and 7th in field goal percentage (.464).
When scoring 110 points or more, the Cavaliers are 12-0.
* Milestone alert *
LeBron James (27,408) needs just two points to pass Moses Malone (27,409) for the eighth position on the NBA’s all-time leading scorers list.
* Cavaliers projected starting lineup (subject to change) *
(PF) Kyrie Irving (6′-3″, 193 lbs)
(SG) J.R. Smith (6′-6″, 225 lbs)
(SF) Iman Shumpert (6′-8″, 250 lbs)
(PF) Richard Jefferson (6′-7″, 223 lbs)
(C) Tristan Thompson (6′-10″, 238 lbs)
* Cavaliers injury report *
– (PF) Kevin Love (knee contusion): Out
– (C) Chris Andersen (ACL): Out
– Bucks (13-12, 2nd in Central): A set of back-to-back victories over the Chicago Bulls (last Thursday and Friday) has the Bucks riding a two-game winning streak.
Giannis Antetokounmpo leads the Bucks in scoring, rebounding, and assists. “The Greek Freak,” as he’s affectionately known by his fans, is averaging 22.6 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 6.0 assists per game.
Matthew Dellavedova will be dishing the rock for Milwaukee. The former Saint Mary’s College stand-out and native of Maryborough, Australia, is averaging 8.0 points, 5.7 assists, and 2.5 rebounds per contest.
Tonight’s match-up marks the second of four regular season meetings between the Cavs and Bucks (at Cleveland tomorrow, at Cleveland on February 27th).
* Bucks projected starting lineup (subject to change) *
(PG) Matthew Dellavedova (6′-4″, 198 lbs)
(SG) Tony Snell (6′-7″, 225 lbs)
(SF) Giannis Antetokounmpo (6′-11″, 222 lbs)
(PF) Jabari Parker (6′-8″, 250 lbs)
(C) John Henson (6′-11″, 229 lbs)
* Bucks injury report *
– (SG) Khris Middleton (hamstring): Out
– (PF) Michael Beasley (foot): Questionable
* All stats and information via www.basketball-reference.com, www.rotoworld.com, www.nba.com, www.espn.com, Elias Sports Bureau, and The Associated Press *
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.