After a post game social media tirade that included making a death threat at local radio personality Dustin Fox, the Browns wasted no time Monday in waiving safety Jermaine Whitehead.
The safety missed two tackles badly in Sunday’s 24-19 loss to the Broncos, then proceeded after the game to spend time on both Twitter and Instagram calling out just about anyone who criticized him for his in-game mistakes.
The team released a statement about Whitehead’s rants and threats on social media after the game, but it was apparent that he was not going to be on the roster much longer after the tirade.
Whitehead was not listed as a starter but had seen plenty of playing time in Steve Wilk’s defense that normally employed three safeties.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on