The Browns will get their chance on Friday to impress defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, as GM John Dorsey says McCoy will be in town for a visit.
Browns GM John Dorsey says free agent DT Gerald McCoy set to visit tomorrow.
— Andrew Gribble (@Andrew_Gribble) May 23, 2019
Reports say that two other AFC North teams, the Bengals and Ravens are interested in the six-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle.
McCoy, who was released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week, has 54.5 sacks, 296 tackles, 79 for a loss and 140 quarterback hits.
His sack totals rank fourth in the NFL among defensive tackles since 2010. He was set to make a whopping $13 million this season with the Bucs.
There’s no question that he would bring another weapon to the Browns defensive line, the question is will the Ravens, Bengals or another team that has interest make an offer that he won’t be able to turn down.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Cavaliers Exceeded Expectations this Season, What’s Needed in the Offseason on
- Is There Really An Appetite For The NFL In The UK? on
- Cleveland SC Hires New Coach Vlad Muresan on
- 2022 May Be Make Or Break For Browns Head Coach Kevin Stefanksi on
- Cleveland SC wins 4-1 over Akron FC in Their First Meeting of the Season on