The Browns continue to talk to prospective candidates for their coordinator spots, and the latest on the list is 34-year-old Jim Bob Cooter.
Cooter started his time with the Lions back in the middle of 2015, and stayed when the team went from Jim Caldwell to Matt Patricia, but was canned after the season.
Detroit had their offensive struggles under Cooter, which makes some fans wary of him coming to Cleveland to potentially mess up a good thing on the teams’ offense.
The Lions were just 6-10 this season, and the teams’ offense ranked just 24th in total offense, including 20th in passing.
Detroit QB Matthew Stafford threw for 3,777 yards and 21 touchdowns this last season, coming off two 4,000 plus yard seasons for the Lions.
The Browns will chat with potential candidate for the defensive coordinator spot, former Broncos coach Vance Joseph, on Saturday.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 10, 2019
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns QB Baker Mayfield Declares He Will Take a Knee During National Anthem on
- Bayless: Mayfield Can’t Win with Beckham; Browns Should Have Dealt Wide Out on
- With the fifth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, the Cavs select… Darius Garland on
- LeBron James Disappointed Not Being Able to Play the Cavs Tonight in Cleveland on
- Browns to Bring Back RB Kareem Hunt After Signing His RFA Tender on