Some Browns felt that quarterback Baker Mayfield could drop a little weight this offseason, and so it doesn’t come as a shock that the quarterback has stated he wants to play both plans to play “slimmer and faster” in 2020.
Mayfield’s comments were captured by Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.
Rapoport added that Mayfield, “Put on some weight last year to bulk up and lost some quickness.” The former No. 1 overall pick weighed in at the 2018 combine at 215 pounds but the visual eye made it clear he was playing well above that weight in 2019.
He struggled to make his way out of the pocket last season, limiting some of his lethal improvisational play. Still, this is the type of news that is common in the offseason. Mayfield will ultimately need to show major signs of improvement on the football field in 2020 in order to get his career back on track.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Your Chance To Ask Hulk Hogan A Question! on
- HS Football: Orrville Holds Off A Late Comeback Attempt To Defeat Fairview 35-30 on
- HS Football: Firelands Takes Home Impressing Homecoming Win Over Oberlin 51-0 on
- Top 25 Most Popular Cleveland Indians Players of All-Time on
- Tribe Sweeps White Sox with 5-4 Come from Behind Win on