In a game that the Browns had to have, they leaned on the arm and comeback ability of Josh McCown to pull out a huge 33-30 win over the Ravens in overtime.
The Browns put up over 500 yards of offense, with McCown going for a franchise record 457 yards with two touchdowns. The offense put up over 500 yards of offense, with the Ravens having just 377 yards.
Cleveland rallied from down 14-3 and 27-22, and led the game 30-27 when the Ravens rallied late in the fourth quarter, but had to settle for a Justin Tucker field goal with 29 seconds left to send the the game into overtime.
Tight end Gary Barnidge had his best game of his career, pulling in 8 passes for 139 yards and a circus touchdown that gave the Browns a 22-21 lead early in the fourth quarter.
The Ravens came back as Justin Forsett, who ended the day with 121 yards on the ground, gave the Ravens a 27-22 lead before the Browns drove down the field and McCown hit Isaiah Crowell with a 22-yard score to put the Browns back up 30-27 following the two-point conversion.
Cleveland held the ball 39:16 to 29:01 for the Ravens. Joe Flacco was 19-for-35 with 210 yards and a touchdown.
The win puts the Browns ahead of the Ravens in the AFC North – Cleveland is now 2-3 while the Ravens fall to 1-4.
Next Sunday the Browns will be at home to take on the Broncos.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Browns New Coach Kevin Stefanski Allowing a Fan to Script 15 Plays in a Game for Charity on
- HS Football: St. Ignatius Rolls Past Columbus Bishop Sycamore 33-6 In Season Opener on
- Browns Struggle in all Facets of the Game on
- HS Football Preview Week Three: Euclid Travels to Cleveland Heights to Take on the Tigers on
- Vote for the Week Two 2020 NEOSI High School Football Player of the Week on