The Browns on Thursday came to terms with third round draft pick Jordan Elliott, meaning that now the club has four of their seven 2020 draft picks under contract.
Last season with the Missouri Tigers Elliott put up 44 tackles, with a team-high 8.5 tackles for loss.
He was a 2019 second-team All-American and first-team All-SEC selection. Elliott finished his Mizzou career with 68 total tackles, 5.5 sacks, four pass breakups, one forced fumble and one blocked kick.
“We see Jordan as a player that has the right physical skill set to be a 3-technique in our defense,” executive vice president of football operations and general manager Andrew Berry said.
“A guy with quickness gap, penetrating ability and who was very disruptive at Missouri. A really good fit in our scheme. Like the guy’s talent and like the guy’s upside for our defense.”
The Browns also have TE Harrison Bryant (fourth round), C Nick Harris (fifth round) and WR Donovan Peoples-Jones (sixth round) all under contract.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on