· The last time the Browns played back-to-back overtime games was in 2002. Cleveland won at Tennessee, 31-28 (9/22), and lost at Pittsburgh, 13-16 (9/29).
· TE Gary Barnidge recorded a career-high two receiving touchdowns on three catches for 39 yards. Barnidge joins Pro Football Hall of Famer Ozzie Newsome as the only Browns tight ends to record a receiving touchdown in four consecutive games. Barnidge is the first Browns player to score a receiving touchdown in four straight games since WR Josh Gordon did it in five straight in 2013. On the season, Barnidge is leading the team with five receiving touchdowns and is second with 27 receptions for 413 yards. All of those figures represent career highs.
· LB Karlos Dansby recorded seven tackles, two interceptions and a touchdown. Dansby leads all active NFL linebackers in interceptions (18) and interceptions returned for TDs (5). He is the only active NFL player with at least 40 career sacks and at least 15 interceptions. This marked Dansby’s third career game with two interceptions. He is the first Brown to record two interceptions in a game since DB Buster Skrine at Cincinnati on Nov. 6, 2014, and the first Brown to record an interception-touchdown since DB Justin Gilbert against Indianapolis on Dec. 7, 2014.
· WR Travis Benjamin set career highs in receptions (nine) and receiving yards (117). He now has two career 100-yard receiving games. Benjamin is leading the team this season with 528 receiving yards.
· QB Josh McCown threw for 213 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions. He is the first Browns quarterback to throw for multiple touchdown passes in four consecutive games since Derek Anderson in 2007. Over the past four games, McCown is averaging 341.8 passing yards and two passing touchdowns per game. McCown had a streak of 100 consecutive passes without an interception snapped in the second quarter.
JOSH MCCOWN GAME-BY-GAME STATS THE PAST FOUR WEEKS
Opponent Date Comp. Att. Yards TD INT
Oakland 9/27 28 49 341 2 1
at San Diego 10/4 32 41 356 2 0
at Baltimore 10/11 36 51 457 2 0
Denver 10/18 20 39 213 2 2
FOUR GAME TOTALS 116 180 1,367 8 3
AVG. PER GAME 29.0 45.0 341.8 2.0 0.8
· As a team, the Browns have thrown for multiple touchdowns in five straight games for the first time since 1968. After registering 12 touchdown passes all last season, Cleveland has 11 through six games this year.
· The Browns defense registered a season-high three interceptions. In addition to Dansby’s two interceptions, LB Barkevious Mingo recorded his first career interception.
K Travis Coons converted a 26-yard field goal and both of his PATs. On the season, he is 12 of 12 on field goal attempts and 11 of 11 on PATs.
· DB Pierre Desir registered a career-high 12 tackles.
· LT Joe Thomas extended his consecutive-snaps streak to 8,317, the longest active stretch in the league. Thomas has started all 134 games and hasn’t missed an offensive play since being selected by the Browns with the third overall pick in the 2007 draft.
· After missing the first five games with an ankle injury, RB Robert Turbin made his Browns debut and rushed for 27 yards on 10 attempts.
· DB Don Jones, who was acquired via waivers on Wednesday, made his Browns debut and registered two special teams tackles.
· The following injuries occurred during today’s game:
o TE Rob Housler left the game in the second quarter with a hamstring and did not return.