It’s a dream for most young basketball players to get a chance to play ball on the same court as the likes of LeBron James and Steph Curry.
Wednesday afternoon, the boys varsity teams from Elyria Catholic and Fairview got that chance, as the two teams did battle in a game at Quicken Loans Arena prior to the Cavs home game against the Miami Heat.
The result was a win for the Warriors, as they topped the Panthers by a final of 65-47, moving to 6-1 on the season.
The loss for Elyria Catholic puts them at 4-5 on the year. Jared Logan led the Panthers in the setback with 13 points to go along with eight rebounds.
Nate Damron had seven points in the loss for the Panthers, with all seven of those points coming in the fourth quarter.
The Panthers had a 23-21 lead at the half, before the Warriors were able to take over in the second half outscoring Elyria Catholic 44-24 over the final two periods.
Luke Howes led Fairview with 18 points in the win, Martin Lowry put in 16 for the Warriors.
Justin Younkin had a big second half effort with 11 points, including a couple of three’s along the way.
The Warriors had four players total in double digits in the win.
Fairview will be back in action on Friday night as they battle the Clearview Clippers. EC will be at home on Sunday for a showdown with St.Ignatius.
@tapbp recaps the @ECHSAthletics vs @FPWarriorSports boys bb game from the Q Wed aft in the Dr Karen Kramer post game video. Fairview won 65-47. Please watch and retweet! pic.twitter.com/H7D5x1A2Pv
— AM930WEOL (@AM930WEOL) January 2, 2019
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on
- High School Playoff Football Preview: Chardon Takes On New Philadelphia in Regional Matchup on
- HS Football: Mentor Overcomes The Elements To Earn A 37-19 Win Over Medina In Season Opener on