CLEVELAND – The AHL’s Cleveland Monsters, announced Thursday that rookie defenseman Jacob Graves was assigned to the Monsters by the NHL’s Columbus Blue Jackets. Graves, 21, was signed by Columbus as a free agent on July 5, 2016.
At 6’2”, 194 lb., the right-handed native of Barrie, ON, Graves posted a combined 1-20-21 with 104 penalty minutes and a +34 rating in 69 total appearances for the OHL’s Oshawa Generals and London Knights last season. Graves added 0-10-10 with 29 penalty minutes and a +26 rating in 18 postseason appearances for London, helping the Knights claim the 2016 OHL and Memorial Cup Championships.
In 281 career OHL appearances for the Mississauga St. Michael’s Majors, Mississauga Steelheads, Kingston Frontenacs, Oshawa and London spanning five seasons from 2011-16, Graves supplied 3-39-42 with 452 penalty minutes and a -20 rating.
Next up for the Monsters, it’s a Saturday road clash vs. their Central Division rivals, the Grand Rapids Griffins, with full coverage, stay tuned to neosportsinsiders.com and follow me on Twitter @NEOSI_Sprouse.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cavaliers Free Agent Tristian Thompson Heading to Boston; Inks with Celtics for $19 Million for Two Years on
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on