CLEVELAND, Ohio- The Cleveland Monsters took on the Charlotte Checkers at home on Tuesday, as the team looked to get two points in a game against a road-tested Checkers team. Cleveland would win by a score of 4-2.
The first period finished scoreless, as Cleveland and Charlotte had two power play opportunities each that were shut down. Cleveland led shots on goal with thirteen and Charlotte had eleven.
The second period was all Monsters, as Jordan Maletta scored the lone goal at the 16:26 mark. Cleveland entered the final frame up 1-0.
Lucas Wallmark’s short-handed goal thirty seconds in was erased by Oliver Bjorkstrand score at the 1:09 mark. Charlotte would even it up once again at the 14:51 mark, just to be nixed again by John Ramage at the 16:06 mark. Oliver Bjorkstrand sent the puck into an empty-net and the Monsters took the win by a score of 4-2.
Next up for Cleveland is a game against Charlotte on Thursday, as the Monsters look to continue to move up in the Central Division.
NEO Sports Insiders Newsletter
Sign up to receive our NEOSI newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Cleveland sports news.
- Cleveland Browns: 15 Greatest Moments In History on
- LeBron James officially signs contract with Lakers on
- HS Football Title Game: Van Wert Rallies To Beat Lake Catholic 31-28, Win Division IV Championship on
- HS Football Playoffs: Archbishop Hoban Topples Avon 28-14, Setting Up A Huge Championship Clash With Massillon on
- Browns Activate RB Chubb for Sunday’s Game Against Texans on